Monday, January 11, 2010

Danish design and soul dusting


My days are like walking into one of those bouncy houses that seem to be at every child's birthday party I go to in LA. I step into it, wobbly legged, silly and in between high jumps and laughter, I usually fall down and hit the corner of my head on something that isn't supposed to be there - and maybe pee my pants a little too.

Today, I went to the Danish Design Center and saw 3 exhibits. Above and below are photos of my favorite parts. I love seeing what beautiful stuff smart and creative people can make. I loved the installation by Vibskov & Emenius. It's description says: Project 10 is like a soul wash of sorts, a rite of passage-machine consisting of five majestically turbulent spruces brushing the dust of the world off of you.
Here is a video I made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QKn0rq1Dooo




No comments:

Followers