Sunday, January 10, 2010

Return to my Mother's Land


Ten days ago, I arrived in Copenhagen for a month-long visit. Arriving in the coldest and darkest month was intentional. I wanted to feel what it was really like to be here without the distractions of being a tourist in the beautiful summer light.

To say that this trip is organic and unfolding in it's own way, is more than an understatement. All that I came with in mind, and planned for, has fallen away. And, despite all that, I am experiencing a warm happiness and peace that I didn't know was inside of me and each day continues to bring completely unexpected interactions, emotions and adventures. So here I am, 5-something am, revamping SMUK & KLOG to try and find a way to track this journey I am currently on.

From Anne Lamott's Traveling Mercies:
And he said -- gently -- that they [Tibetan Buddhists] believe when a lot of things start going wrong all at once, it is to protect something big and lovely that is trying to get itself born -- and that this something needs for you to be distracted so that is can be born as perfectly as possible.

No comments:

Followers