Friday, January 22, 2010

Candy for my eyes

Over the last 2 weeks, I have had the time and opportunity to go and see some pretty incredible art in some pretty incredible places. Having this free time to do what I want kind of makes me feel like a kid sneaking into a candy store and taking everything I want (i.e. guilty). I have been surprised how hungry I have been to look at things again and it feels a bit like an alarm clock has gone off and that little part of myself has woken up and remembered how much I love it.

There are a few artist and pieces I keep seeing over and over in my head:



Vilhelm Hammershøi, Dust Motes Dancing in the Sunbeams (1900)



Vilhelm Lundstrøm, Still life with White Jar, Orange and Book (1932-33)



Marlene Dumas, The Woman of Algiers (2001)



Ad Reinhardt, Abstract Painting, Blue (1952)

Doug Wheeler, RM 669 (1969)


Oscar inside RM 669

No comments:

Followers